Submit your quality improvement ideas for 2014
Want a chance to win a $25 gift card while contributing to public health quality improvement efforts? If so, here’s an opportunity for you!
The Quality Improvement (QI) Steering Committee is gearing up to start the selection process for a series of 2014 QI projects, but before they begin doing that, they want to hear your ideas for projects you’d like to be considered.
First, what is quality improvement? QI asks if a process produces the outcomes we want and if can we improve the process to be more effective or efficient to exceed (rather than meet) expectations. This is an ongoing cycle, intended to continually evaluate processes , which also improves the quality of the output.
Here’s how the process will work:
- If you have an idea that can help increase the effectiveness and efficiency of your program or the department as a whole, make sure it includes a clear goal, an objective (it can be quantified and measured within a specific time-frame) and a work area (program) that would help carry out the idea.
- Your ideas should also fit within the scope of the core public health services, the Board of Health’s Strategic Plan and/or be related to the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) Standards (you can find reference documents for these by clicking on any of the links included in this bullet)
- Note: Each program area has its own objectives and desired outcomes within the larger strategic plan — please contact your supervisor if you would like to see a copy of your program-specific plan
- Submit your idea by filling out the form a little further down the page. If you would like to be eligible to win a prize, please include your contact information (although this isn’t required, it would be very useful should the committee need further feedback, or if you would like to be involved in carrying out your idea).
- The QI Team as a whole will select the three ideas most related to the reference documents mentioned above, and the people who submitted those winning ideas will receive a $25 gift card.
Submit your ideas by Nov. 27 here!
Click on these links to view some storyboards of projects completed recently:
- Policy Management and Organization
- Improvement in the DNKA Rate in PH Clinic
- WIC Patient Satisfaction
- Improve public image of LFCHD and implement branding on all public materials (this was actually divided into 2 projects to cover both internal and external branding)
Members on the current Quality Improvement Committee are not eligible to win a prize.