LFCHD promotes services through National Superhero Day!
Today is National Superhero Day, and like the mighty Avengers (or Justice League) uniting to battle foes, we combined the day with an overall Public Health message.
Using the hashtag “#NationalSuperHeroDay,” we used Facebook and Twitter to tie various LFCHD services with some popular superheroes:
- Parents, be a superhero and teach your kids proper handwashing! Use soap and warm water for at least 30 seconds (or about the time to sing “Happy Birthday” twice). It’s the easiest way to avoid spreading germs and can help protect everyone in the family! #NationalSuperHeroDay
- Moms, give your child the best start at being a superhero and take part in our WIC program! Check out our website or call 859-288-2483 to see if you qualify! http://tinyurl.com/jhy7yvh #NationalSuperHeroDay
- Did you know Iron Man battled addiction? Our needle-exchange program is helping by adding on-site referrals to rehabilitation services. It starts 1:30-3:30 Friday at 650 Newtown Pike! #NationalSuperHeroDay
- Bats are common carriers of rabies in Kentucky. It’s #NationalSuperHeroDay and Batman wants you to bring your pets to our low-cost #rabies vaccination clinic, 6-9 p.m. May 5 at Douglass Park!
- Real superheroes know their status: free, confidential walk-in HIV testing is available 1:30-4 p.m. Monday and Friday, 650 Newtown Pike. #NationalSuperHeroDay