Employee Equity and Diversity Committee (EEDC) update
“Diversity is the magic. It is the first manifestation, the first beginning of the differentiation of a thing and of simple identity. The greater the diversity, the greater the perfection.” — Thomas Berry
The purpose of The Employee Equity and Diversity Committee (EEDC), previously known as the Equal Employment Opportunity Committee (EEOC), is to promote diversity and inclusion across the workplace, and to advise the Commissioner and Human Resources on personnel policies and practices. The committee has recently made some changes and additions to better serve its purpose.
The recent changes made by the committee are:
- The creation of a new name and logo.
- The selection of Ruben Perez as the Co-Chair.
- The expansion of its focus to include more diversity and equity initiatives that will foster inclusion across the workplace.
Some of the new Diversity and Equity Initiatives for the EEDC includes the following:
- Recommend staff training for all staff to cultivate diversity, cultural sensitivity, and respect at LFCHD.
- Recommend program-specific educational materials, training, and interventions to address client needs within specific programs.
- Coordinate staff events spotlighting diversity and inclusion.
Please find the EEDC contact information on the employee Intranet page.